Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Life gets in the way

Well, it’s been several days since I last graced you with an entry, but I’ve had no real current material. There’s one topic I was planning on tackling, but I think I am going to include it in my serial, whenever the hell I get around to finishing that up. Honest, I will. Eventually. See, there’s plenty of material there, so why don’t I get on it? Yeesh.

John’s been working his arse off; he hasn’t had a day off since Christmas, pretty much. Up at 5am, and home by 9pm, but often later than that. The other night he didn’t make it back until 2am, and he still had to get up for work the next morning, the poor bastard. Such is life in the patch.

Quite obviously, there has been almost no time for le sex, much to my dismay. Even if there has been an opportunity, John is so beat that I doubt he’d be able to even get it up, much less stay awake long enough. I haven’t touched the issue, anyhow. It’s kind of a lost cause with work the way it is, so no sense in making a stink. It can’t be helped.

That doesn’t mean I’m not bummed about it and terribly, terribly horny, but I can’t be upset or pissed off since there’s not much he can do about it. It just is. More to the point, I feel awful for him because he’s been working so hard that he has barely been able to see the wee boy, who is usually in bed by the time he gets home, and doesn’t get up in the morning until long after daddy has left. I just do what I can to make John’s life as simple as possible, so that all he has to worry about is sleeping and getting his industrious self out the door in the morning.

I miss him.

The plus side of all of this is that the bills are totally getting paid, and we’re already back to having money left over once that has been done. I can’t tell you what a pleasure that is! We have a long way to go to get all those loans and crap paid back, but it will happen, and maybe it won’t take as long as I thought. I just have to plan for breakup, since we won’t have a huge tax refund to bail us out this spring. I hope we get a little bit of money back. If it weren’t for the maintenance he pays the ex, we probably would owe this year.

He’s been after the Boss about that gas card. The first couple times Boss waved him off, apparently, so John left it at that. The last time he asked, Boss said, “I told you, don’t worry about it.” So what is that supposed to mean? We don’t have to pay it now? We’re both a little confused by this one. John got another small raise on his daily wage, too. I wonder if Boss wasn’t happier about John coming back to work than he let on.

John’s got some guide work lined up for the spring already – one guy from the States that follows John around has gathered up six or seven other friends, so John called a different outfitter than the ones he’s worked for in the past (the one guy he would have gone out for this spring sold all his allocations this year, and his most recent employer doesn’t pay him enough for the bullshit he puts up with); he got himself hired on there, which was no problem with all the clients he’s bringing with. He should actually get some tips out of this bunch, too. So, between the guiding and the patch, I’m hoping he doesn’t end up with too much time off. Of course, some would definitely be nice.

I’ve been trying to get out of the house, but it’s been so cold, and snowing, and then yesterday it warmed up enough to rain before dropping back down to abysmal temperatures. I was supposed to go and visit my friend Laura today, but I’ve decided to go Thursday instead, when it shouldn’t be quite so frigging icy and cold. We did manage to get over to my mom’s and my grandma’s, at least. But other than that, wee boy has been battling boredom at home.

It would help if he would let me play more with him. Every time I grab, say, a truck from his garage set, he shrieks, “No! My truck!” and snatches it away. And so on through the fleet. I suppose I should thank my lucky stars that he plays independently so well, but it makes me feel as though I am being neglectful at times. I can’t wait until summer when we can play outside again. We’ve been watching far too much TV lately, especially in the afternoons when he zones right out for about three hours – the same period of time he should really be having a nap, but won’t, the stinker that he is.

Gary went back home last week. It just made sense; I mean, why bother staying here when you’re going to be off work for at least several weeks? So I was able to clean up all the clutter and I finally have the house to myself again. I like having the company and all, but the trade off is the privacy. Now I have lots of privacy, but nothing worth privatizing.

So… exciting update, huh? I wish I had more to tell. I’m definitely going to have to sit down and brainstorm my next entry, or get back in to my life story. Don’t worry. If worse comes to worst, I could post some recipes. Or something.

I hope everyone is doing well; and if your life is routine and boring like mine, like me you should be pretty pleased. If the days are dull in the absence of crisis, then give me dull any day.

By all means, if anyone has any burning questions, I’d be thrilled to oblige!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home